Friday, June 1, 2012

Vanity Update

I'm Back!
I think it is fair to say that I am horrible at posting weekly haha!
Butttt, I am making it my new goal to at least post once or twice a week!

Remember awhile back when I posted about an antique vanity I picked up and re did in a cranberry color for my bedroom? 
Maybe this picture will jog your memory;



No? Well the Blog post can be found here.
Well I decided that the cranberry color wasn't quite right for the space.
So I decided to bust out my paint brush and try again!
&& I'm glad I did because I have fallen in love allll over again.




I love how it turned out! 
I haven't quite found a place to put it in our bedroom yet since we just upgraded to a King size bed but I already love it better than the cranberry color it once was.


I think the black will look great with our white & black antique dresser.
{Post & Picture For the Dresser here}


Don't you just adore the fact that you get some wood tone and a surprise with the red popping out?!
I love unexpected colors like that ;)



I think that the knobs go a lot better with this paint color rather than the cranberry color I painted it before. It doesn't feel like it's competing with the color.


<3 Sorry for the picture overload!


I decided to just spray paint the drawers a light grey color so it was easier to see in the drawers.


And here is another shot of the detail!.

This piece is now for sale in my shop!
To get pricing and info check out the "My Shop" Tab under my banner!


So what do you think? Do you like it better like this?
How was your memorial day?
I can't wait to hear from you!
If you have been up to any projects like them up to my facebook page here.

Also follow me on Pinterest and see what I pin!

xoxo
Jordynluise



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! I'm so afraid to do black on anything but it looks so great! The distressing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I was scared to do it at first too, but my room has lots of black and white so I just went for it :) Im glad you like!

      Delete