Thursday, June 14, 2012

Two Toned Nightstand.

I think I have fallen hard for this new look.
I wanted to try something new with this nightstand I had for our guest bedroom.
I originally bought this lovely little nightstand from Ross.
But after a few years the paint didn't hold up so well.
When I started to sand it down I noticed that the wood was gorgeous once it was sanded down.
So this is what I came up with:

Before:


I loved the simplicity of the black but it was time for change.


Like I mentioned before it was pretty banged up from years of use.


But I love the shape of it! Don't you?!


After:


It turned out much better than I thought it would!
I love the look of the natural wood against the light grey & the original black pulls.


I loved the original pulls so I didn't change them.
I thought the black would tie in the bedding and other black metals in the room.
As well as this long shelf that we have spanning a whole wall with all our books on it.
I used the same stain on both so it all matches.


My favorite part is how different it looks.
You won't be seeing this type of look in stores ;)


What do you think?!
I love this little nightstand!
It is exactly what I needed to tie in all the different elements in the guest bedroom.

Today I bought ingredients to make D.I.Y. Laundry Soap.
I will be sharing it with you all either tonight or tomorrow so stay tuned for another new post!

Xoxo
Jordynluise