Thursday, June 14, 2012

Two Toned Nightstand.

I think I have fallen hard for this new look.
I wanted to try something new with this nightstand I had for our guest bedroom.
I originally bought this lovely little nightstand from Ross.
But after a few years the paint didn't hold up so well.
When I started to sand it down I noticed that the wood was gorgeous once it was sanded down.
So this is what I came up with:

Before:


I loved the simplicity of the black but it was time for change.


Like I mentioned before it was pretty banged up from years of use.


But I love the shape of it! Don't you?!


After:


It turned out much better than I thought it would!
I love the look of the natural wood against the light grey & the original black pulls.


I loved the original pulls so I didn't change them.
I thought the black would tie in the bedding and other black metals in the room.
As well as this long shelf that we have spanning a whole wall with all our books on it.
I used the same stain on both so it all matches.


My favorite part is how different it looks.
You won't be seeing this type of look in stores ;)


What do you think?!
I love this little nightstand!
It is exactly what I needed to tie in all the different elements in the guest bedroom.

Today I bought ingredients to make D.I.Y. Laundry Soap.
I will be sharing it with you all either tonight or tomorrow so stay tuned for another new post!

Xoxo
Jordynluise



6 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love the wood grain on the drawer fronts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love the look of it! Its not something you would normally expect :)

      Delete
  2. I love the contrast of the stained drawers against the painted body. Isn't the woodgrain on those drawers wonderful? GREAT MAKEOVER.

    Im now following you. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and maybe you'll follow back?? THANKS. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you!! I love it too :) Ill stop by and check it out!

      Delete
  3. My favorite thing I've ever seen you do!! :D I know I told you this but I'm in love with this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you are so sweet! This is for sure my favorite!

      Delete