Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lovin' Numbers

Hey everyone! I hope you all are having a fantastic Tuesday.
Right now we are getting things ready for a party we are throwing this weekend for my Husbands 21st B-day!
It is going to be crazy town will all these Marines at my house, so I decided to take some time to finish up a few house projects I had been neglecting.
I had painters block {as I like to call it}
So I headed over to Pinterest for some inspiration for a dresser I had picked up for free.
Which is where I stumbled upon this picture on Pinterest:


{Dresser is from Anthro}
I loved the numbers and how much character it added to a normal little dresser.
Right then I decided my freebie needed numbers! 

Before:

It use to have stickers on it because it was in a little girls room.


This dresser needed A LOT of sanding.
A lot is even an understatement

In Progress:


I thought it would be fun to show an "in progress" picture, this dresser must have had many different lifes,
once I started sanding I saw so many fun colors underneath!
White, Grey, Beige, Green, ect.


& after I finished stripping the paint! 


the wood was in perfect condition so I couldn't just let it be painted!
So I opted to stain the top :)

Now for the fun stuff:
After:


Sorry for the lack of quality in the photos, this dresser found its new home in our bathroom upstairs where there is zero natural light.

I decided to give it a dark grey color to match the bathroom, & oil rubbed bronze hardware & numbers with a dark walnut stained top.


I love how much more storage this added to our bathroom!
We really needed a place to store our stuff and this dresser was the perfect size.
I love how much character this little piece has.


It looks like it belonged in the room all along.
I can't believe I didn't do this project sooner!
It has made getting ready in the mornings so much easier.


So what do you think?!
I for one am in love with dressers in bathrooms.
I think they are fun,
And add so much storage.
I highly suggest it if you have enough room in your bathroom ;)
Now I need to get some organizing done in my new drawers and cross off a few more projects on our to do list before the weekend comes!
Have a fantastic Wednesday.

xoxo
Jordyn Luise


No comments:

Post a Comment