Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sunny Days// Tribute to Lcpl Hogan

The Forecast for this weekend is suppose to be in the 100's.
*Cringing as I typed that.*
So I thought I would get into the spirit of the sun by re-vamping a table I had been neglecting.
I decided to step out of my grey color wheel {ha! grey & yellow the complete opposites in weather}
and broaden my horizons with a fun new color by Val spar!
While on one of my numerous Lowes Trips, I pretty much live there.
I some how ended up over at the paint sample wall for Valspar's new Summer colors.
This lovely little color was called Dreamy Caramel, but it definitely more of a yellow then a beige.
I would actually be pretty frightened if my caramel was this color...

Before:


The top had some pretty serious stuff stuck on it & tons of marks & scratches.
I'm not a big fan of the green & cherry combo.

After:


It was so fun working with a new color!
Once I put it on the table I was nervous to say the least.
But this pop of color is just what I wanted.


It is literally the perfect shade of yellow!
It isn't so in your face, it has a pale-esk essence to it.


I love the legs on this beauty!
I always feel so creepy saying that...but then I remind myself I'm talking about a table.
But then I think "wow, you actually sound insane"
Oh well. ;)


I love the classic lines mixed with the cute legs.
I'm not going to lie, when I first saw the table I didn't think it would come out so cute.
I was thinking it was a bit cartoonish/outdated.
But with a fresh new look it has completely changed my mind!


Another close up on the classic lines of this table.



I couldn't change the knob on this piece but I actually don't mind it. I think it fits the piece well, it makes it feel more neutral in a space with it all being one color.


I officially LOVE this color. I'm so glad Valspar had some pre-made paint samples or else I don't know that I would have chosen this lovely color!


This item is now for sale in my shop. 
Please check out my Shop Page at the top of my blog in the navigation bar for price & details.
Pick up is in Jacksonville, NC.



On another note though,
For those of you who aren't my friend on Facebook {link here};
Last Saturday a Very good friend of my Husband's and I was killed in combat overseas.
He was due home next month, to say this was a shock would be an understatement.
Plans had already begun for his homecoming, If any of you would like to send your condolences the Hogan Family has asked that instead of flowers or cards they would appreciate a donation to the
Hunter "HD" Hogan Memorial Rodeo Scholarship.
Hunter was big into Rodeo prior to the marine corps & served as his country as Infantry for the 1/8 battalion.
If you would like to donate the scholarship is set up through a bank account at Corner Stone Bank located in Nebraska, you can donate over the phone or find a nearby location or sister bank. {link here}
Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts to everyone for their continued prayers & support for the Hogan Family.

R.I.P. Lcpl Hogan.




1 comment: