Monday, July 1, 2013

Taco Soup Recipe

It's been so rainy & dreary here in NC the last few weeks,
thunderstorm after thunderstorm after thunderstorm.
Which has made me crave this taco soup so bad!
I normally don't post recipes on here, because I am farrr from a chef,
but lately I have been loving this yummy recipe & I figured if my husband can make it,
then any one can ;) {looove you honey!}.
It may not be fall, or winter, but when it is raining & all yucky outside I am a sucker for soups no matter what temperature it is. {steady ninety's here in NC}
One of our favorite meals to eat around here are tacos.
So when I came across this recipe we were in seventh heaven.

It's seriously the easiest recipe ever,
& all you really have to do is brown some meat & mix everything in the crock pot & let it sit.

So simple & perfect if you are going to be working late & don't feel like cooking,
all you have to do is brown some meat the night before & mix everything together in the morning before you leave for work.


Ingredients;


  • 1.5 pounds of ground beef (cooked)
  • 1 Taco Seasoning Mix
  • 1 Can of Corn
  • 1 Can of Pinto Beans
  • 1 Can of Kidney Beans
  • 1 Can of Petite Diced Tomatoes
Directions;

(this recipe can easily be doubled for more people! this usually gives us about 4 bowls of soup)


Now it doesn't matter what order you put the stuff in, seriously guys, this is the simplest recipe ever.
It's basically dummy proof ;)
All you do is dump everything in, stir stir stir, & let it cook for at least 4 hours on high, the longer you let it sit the better though, it gives it more flavor.

I usually add in the ground beef first,



Then all the canned goodies,



Then the taco seasoning with water {as much as the directions on the seasoning mix says}


Then Stir Stir Stir! :)



& viola! All done!



This stuff is sooooooooo good!
You can eat it as is or add to it like any taco,
sour cream, some lettuce, crushed tortilla chips & some cheese is our favorite!



Hope you Enjoy!

xoxo
Jordyn Luise

1 comment:

  1. Trying this for the first time today, Jordy. Was I supposed to drain the water from the cans? cuz I did out of habit >.> lets hope I didn't mess up this fool proof recipe, eh? XD

    ReplyDelete