Thursday, March 14, 2013

Grey Green Bedroom Set

I love when I get the chance to do something different for clients.
Recently I was asked to update an old bedroom set.
This lady had a way to my heart, she informed me that she had thrifted the whole set!
I couldn't wait to get my hands on it, & when she mentioned she wanted a "grey green color" I knew we were meant for each other ;).
1. Because I love anything grey, & 2. I love finding new colors! I had never refinished anything in a color like this.
I thought it was a fitting project since we just recently finished painting our office// my husbands "man cave" a shade of green as well.

Before:


As you can tell, I forgot to take a picture of this until I had already started getting my hands on it,
& it is lovely cellphone quality haha.
All three pieces were a black color before.


Along with the armoire, there was this headboard & a lovely little night stand {which I forgot to take a before picture of}

After:


I love how the color & distressing turned out.
We decided to keep the original hardware because they were super cute, especially with the new look.


I love how the antique hardware mixes up all the solid clean lines of the nightstand.
It adds a nice touch.


My favorite part about the night stand & armoire is the lovely little detail accent at the bottom of each piece.





I love how well the gold hardware goes with the color choice,
which is Murky Sage by Valspar in Satin.
& look at those awesome scrolls! It makes it feel like such a substantial piece of furniture. I love it!


Some pieces are better left solid, & some look great with a little bit of distressing,
I love how well the distressing goes with these pieces, it definitely gave it some added character against all the solid clean lines of the pieces.


As you can tell, I forgot an after of the headboard. :(.
It was the same green grey color with a little bit of distressing around the posts & legs.
I love this set! I know it'll look adorable for years to come. Its a nice neutral set but still has an element of fun  with the different color. I hope you all like it! I know my client was very happy! :)
Have a nice day everyone!

xoxo
Jordyn Luise

1 comment:

  1. They must have been forced to face several uncomfortable issues as
    far as the use of their i - Phone is concerned.

    1 feels excellent within the hand not like the Motorola Xoom and the Acer Iconia A500.

    Samsung galaxy has been developed as a star model that is available at best bargain deals.


    Look into my web site samsung galaxy tab

    ReplyDelete