Sunday, March 18, 2012

Slate Blue End Tables.

This has got to be one of my new favorite colors.
I had these two end tables lying around just waiting for a makeover.
I had first painted them white, but then realized I didn't quite like them.
They were calling for something with a bit more of a pop.
So I headed to Lowe's and perused the paint selections and came across this amazing color.
Are you ready to see pictures yet or should I just keep talking? ;)

Before:


For all you wood lovers out there, I do apologize because this was in great condition, but I am personally not a big fall of oak so although it was in great condition I thought they needed some TLC :)


Middle:
(When I thought White was the right choice)

Although they were cute this color as well, I thought it was too much white in my living room for the look I was going for, come to find out later I found different end tables I wanted instead. :)

Want to know a secret? I'm terrible at sticking with one look, I always change my mind haha, my house has been changed around so many times since we moved in last July.


After:
Obviously I was wrong, because they are just too stinkin' cute now!


I am just head over heels in love with how these tables turned out!
It was the perfect blue for this project.



I loved the contrast it gave to my white chair & dark floors. 
These tables are definitely statement pieces in a room!



What do you think? Have you fallen in love with any great colors lately?
xoxo
Jordynluise 


4 comments:

  1. Haha awh thanks Nicole! :) It's easy once you get the hang of it ;) We will have to have some painting parties when you get into your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahh Ive been looking for a comfy chair like that lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. They still have these at Ikea :) Buuuuuuut I got mine on lejeune yard sales for an amazing deal. So keep your eye out! I've seen a few like this but not the ikea brand but I'm pretty sure you could just buy the slipcover off Ikea and make it work :)

    ReplyDelete